BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Voice That Used To Be

Once Upon A Time….The beginning of every fairy tale that ever was. That was the beginning of my life as a singer. I used to love being on that stage, the large spotlight shining on my long blonde hair as it flowed in the fans as I belted out each song that was given to me. Soaking up the applause from the crowd as I ended the high notes, realizing that I was actually good at something, this something that made me noticeable. Singing was a release, a release of emotions that had been pent up of over the years. I could sing about anger, frustration, love, or just about life. It did not matter who I was when I walked out on stage, it was who I was when I opened my mouth that counted. Knowing I could tell someone how I feel without them knowing I was speaking to them was the most powerful experience in existence. Only a singer can feel that power, that strength. You can reveal so much about your soul through a song. Time went on however, children came, and so did life. Singing became a distant memory. My kids ask me to sing a great deal, loving to hear all their favorite songs from mom. Friends get an added bonus as they have a free soloist at their weddings and events, and I get the memory of the spotlight. I remember how hot and inviting it felt on my face and the shouts from the crowd as I finished. I remember what is was like to open my mouth and have people in awe. It was an extraordinary feeling, one that is only felt once in a lifetime I suppose. I am one of the lucky few that were able to experience that rush, that thrill of the stage. I am so very thankful I was able to experience the limelight, even if it was so very short-lived.

0 comments: